Thursday, May 21, 2009

Couscous a la Nicole

I've been a slacker on posting recipes. I have been meaning to post the ice cream cake recipe I did a few weeks back (I have pictures on the camera at home so I'll do it sometime this weekend hopefully).

In the mean time, Nicole would like to share her couscous salad recipe. I unfortunately don't have a picture of this dish but I have seen it and had it and can vouch for it's tastiness. Where it says "I" in the recipe it's Nicole's advice.

Couscous a la Nicole

Step 1: mix dressing;
1/2C olive oil (I use a little less oil & a little more lemon juice)
1/3C lemon juice
2 cloves garlic pressed
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp Tabasco

Step 2: prep salad ingredients
1C couscous (I use the whole box)
1 1/4 chicken stock (I use as much as the couscous instructions ask for water)
1/2C golden raisins
1 can garbanzo beans aka chickpeas
3 chopped green onions
1 tomato diced
1 small cucumber diced
1 red pepper diced
1/2C feta cheese (I use bit more b/c I love cheese)

Step 3: Putting it together
Boil chicken stock. Add couscous to stock, stir, cover, let sit 5 mins off element. Fluff.
Put prepared couscous in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients & toss.
Pour dressing over couscous mixture. Stir well. It's best to prepare salad few hours ahead of time so couscous mixture has time to absorb all of the dressing. (Turmeric stains)

Words of wisdom:
I prep dressing. Boil stock. While stock is going I prep veggies, in the middle of that the stock boils so I add couscous & let it sit as per couscous box cooking instructions. Finish vegg prep. Toss all together. I usually make it night before, it keeps fresh for days : )

No comments:

Post a Comment