Monday, March 30, 2009

Balsamic Roasted Chard

I've been trying to figure out a good way to cook chard for a few months now, it's supposedly a super food so I'm keen to add it to my diet. Sauteeing it wasn't as successful as I wanted so I've been keeping an eye out for other recipe ideas.

Yesterday I came across a reference to roasting red chard. I LOVE roasting vegetables so I immediately ran out a grabbed some chard. Mollie Katzen's Vegetable Heaven let me down for the first time in ages (I consult pages 96-99, on roasting veggies, more than anything in any of my other cookbooks) so I went to the good ol' internet and found the following recipe. It's tasty and super quick too.

Balsamic Roasted Chard
Ingredients:
1-2 heads Swiss chard chopped in 1-2 inch strips (tough rib removed)
Generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Salt (preferably kosher or Sea)
Big splash of balsamic vinegar

Directions:
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Lay chopped chard out on a sheet pan.
Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and salt.
Roast for approximately five minutes or until wilted (depending on chard’s thickness).
Remove and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment